Please comment on the questions below.
1a) and do you think my magazine fits with the genre?
2a) And in what way are these social groups shown? (Positively, Negatively or Mixed?)
3a) What parts of my Front Cover, Contents And DPS could be improved?
4)Looking at my College Magazine, do you feel my creative skills have developed?
1) i think the target audience was for 15-24 year olds
ReplyDelete1a) i think that your genre for your magazine is rock.
2)i think your socail group is people who like going to gigs and concernts. the magazine is targeted mainly at students who go college and university.
i think the ethnicity is mixed looking at the musicians that are in your magazine.
2a) i think it gives an positive view about rock because it has diferent ethnicity and has both genders which shows that your magazine is not targeted at a specific audience
3)i like the cross media that you used in your magazine, I also like your photography and your image for your cd, it makes your magazine look really professional
3a) I dont think you should changed anything because I like your magazine overall
1) The target audience for this magazine is young people because of the artist on the front cover and the music genre of the magazine is rock. I personally think everything within the magazine works well and the choice of imagery and people helped to know what genre of magazine it was. Also the masthead 'unplugged' remains of a rock band and unplugging a guitar or something.
ReplyDelete2)I think the social class is young educated teens because the magazine looks like a classy type of rock magazine. And it's mixed ethinicity because the front cover consists of mixed races. I think this a positive thing because most rock magazine are targeted to white people.
1) I think the target audience is 17-28 year olds
ReplyDelete1a) I think your magazine fits perfectly for the rock genre due to the layout being similar to other rock magazines like Kerrang
2) I think your magazine represents a young alternative social group as the models used are quite young themselves, in addition I think the models appeal to a particular young social group of people who would prefer rock over pop. The ethnicity the magazine included via the models, represents a realistic view to what the public is actually like
2a) The social groups are shown in a positive light especially the ethnic representation. It's refreshing to see people of ethnicity on the front cover of a rock magazine as rock it usually stereotyped as "white music"
3) Out of all three produced pages, I think I like the DPS the most. I key feature I like the most was the solo pictures of all the band members and the writing that came with it, stating the role in the band. I thought it gave a authentic feel to an introduction to a new band
3a) The contents page is the page that has the most space to improve on. I think the addition of pictures on the contents page just to breakdown the text would do a world of difference, as the amount of words together might be off putting for some readers.