Thursday, 13 December 2012

Audience Research- Feedback.

I asked a selection of people to answer these question And this is the overall feedback I got back from them.


1) Who do you think my target audience was for this task? and do you think my magazine fits with the genre?

From the feedback I have received it is clear that the people I asked knew my music magazine targets an audience aged between 15 - 24, and the genre of my music magazine is rock music.

2) What social groups can you see represented in my magazine? (Social Class & Ethnicity)


In the feedback I received those who commented said my magazine is targeted people who are fans of rock music between the ages of 15-24 years old, there for the social class is young music fans of a working class. Also the feedback I received commented the ethnicity my music magazine appealed to. The comments said my magazine has a mixture of ethnicities as the models I have used on my magazine are from all different ethnicities.

2a) And in what way are these social groups shown? (Positively, Negatively or Mixed?)


In the feedback I got the comments were that I portrayed these social group, mostly ethnicity positively as  most rock music fans tend to be white therefore magazines play to this. However because I have used a mixture of ethnicities in my magazine which portrays these social groups in a positive way

3) Which elements of the magazine do you like? (Front Cover, Contents, DPS)

From the feedback I got, most people like the overall layout of all 3 of my magazine pages such as the continuous use of the same 3 colours, the cross media that I have used such as a web address and QR code, And also the detail used in my magazines such as a free CD give away with the issue, competitions and subscription offer.


3a) What parts of my Front Cover, Contents And DPS could be improved?

Looking at there comments I received were not may points that were mentions to be improved on however, the improvements I got were to possible change the layout to a non conventional layout.

4)Looking at my College Magazine, do you feel my creative skills have developed?


My skills in software programs such as inDesign and Photoshop has improved significantly as well as my photography skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment