I have decided to look at Kerrang! Magazine to review and analyse in this case study. I have chosen to look at this magazine, as I want to produce a rock music magazine similar to Kerrang! for my music magazine coursework. In this case study I will be looking at what details go in to creating a front cover, a content page and a double page spread. I will also be looking at why the magazines creators use these details and how the reader responses to them. The front page issue of Kerrang! Magazine I have decided to look at is an issue from September 2011. This issue is a special celebration dedicated to celebrate 20 years of Nirvana’s ‘ground breaking’ album Nevermind. The content page i have chosen is also from kerrang! and is dedicated to the former Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash and features interviews from other current bands and artists.
Kerrang! is a British magazine targeted at an audience between the ages of 15 - 30 who are fans of all forms of rock music (grunge, punk and metal). Kerrang! is published by the 'Bauer Media Group' who also publish other music magazines such as Q and are partly in charge of music channels on television such as The Box, Smash Hits Tv and Magic Tv.


No comments:
Post a Comment